Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

February 23, 2019, 05:15:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ADF's and Fry.  (Read 3875 times)
branded21
« on: January 16, 2008, 06:34:48 PM »

Hi all.
If i put a couple of African Dwarf frogs with 2 female platy and one male platy, will the frogs take care of the fry? Or will there be too much fry for the frogs to eat?
I have a 12 gallon tank (Eclipse system 12 with bio wheel), it is cycled.
thanks
Monica
Debra
Senior Staff

Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 07:47:07 PM »

The frogs will happily eat them. There is a chance that some of the fry might hide and not be eaten. ADFs eat anything that moves. Fry make for a healthy treat.

hth Smiley

"Give others freedom to be themselves. Appreciate the differences between their ways and yours."
branded21
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 08:25:25 PM »

Debra, thanks for your help.

I'm now on the lookout for some ADFs which is proving quite difficult at LFS around here anyway.

I'm quite excited about getting at least two.
Debra
Senior Staff

Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 10:40:24 AM »

Good Luck!! Smiley

"Give others freedom to be themselves. Appreciate the differences between their ways and yours."
branded21
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 10:27:00 PM »

I got two lil ADF's last weekend. they are very cute. However want to make sure they are getting enough to eat with out fowling up my tank... My three platy eat everything in sight!! Not sure the ADf's are getting enough.
Any solutions for this? Right now I'm feeding red frozen blood worms but the little frogs seem slow to eat (kinda clumsy and blind), i guard the tank and try to shoo the platy away but not always possible.
I'm waiting on the HBH frog/tadpole bites to arrive.
Is there any kind of divider i could get just to keep the platy away at feeding time? Or any other solutions to making sure these little guys get enough to eat?
Travatron
20 Gallon: Apisto Agassizi, Bolivian Ram, Neon Tetras, Peppered Corys

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 01:21:10 AM »

I got two lil ADF's last weekend. they are very cute. However want to make sure they are getting enough to eat with out fowling up my tank... My three platy eat everything in sight!! Not sure the ADf's are getting enough.
Any solutions for this? Right now I'm feeding red frozen blood worms but the little frogs seem slow to eat (kinda clumsy and blind), i guard the tank and try to shoo the platy away but not always possible.
I'm waiting on the HBH frog/tadpole bites to arrive.
Is there any kind of divider i could get just to keep the platy away at feeding time? Or any other solutions to making sure these little guys get enough to eat?

Im hide the red worms in plants where the frogs like to hide.  It also helps to feed the frogs at night because they are nocturnal where as most fish arent.  I hope this helps.
branded21
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 02:49:56 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion i shall try feeding them at night tonight, however my platy never seem to sleep... They eat everything in site untill their little bellies are round balloons if i let them.
If only they would hurry and produce some fry for the lil frogs i would be happy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation