Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

February 23, 2019, 05:11:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Clutch  (Read 3101 times)
darkangelchrisandra
« on: January 29, 2008, 07:57:13 PM »

ooohh.... a new clutch... COOL!!!! okay today sunshine laid another clutch  party but i want to do this differnetly then last time... aka i want to take the clutch and let them hatch in a differnt tank. tubaware dish... mostly becuase this time she did it litteraly on the hood... and i'm scared that every time i move said hood something will knoce it off and kill the little guys... so... who would i go about taking them off of the tank hood...? (i also want to do this so i know if some of them hatched or not.. last time i'm not too sure if they did or not...bleh lame

Chris - I put a subject up there so that the snail people will know this is a snail thread. Wink
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 10:30:47 PM by Hoots » Logged
Debra
Senior Staff

Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 02:51:19 AM »

You can float the clutch on a piece of Styrofoam in the aquarium. You will need to secure it to the side to keep it away from the down flow of the filter.

You can use almost anything to create a shelf inside the tank and lay the clutch on it. When the snails hatch they will fall into the water. (ex. soap dish)

You can take a Tupperware bowl and poke holes in it. Place a thin towel or something similar over the hood light and then place the bowl on the towel. Put/Keep dechlorinated water in the bottom of the bowl.

Just pop the clutch off. It will come off easily simply by using your fingers and making a small twisting motion.

hth

"Give others freedom to be themselves. Appreciate the differences between their ways and yours."
Shari
Ringmaster of this Three Ringed Monkey Show!!!
Senior Staff
Obsessed Member

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 02:41:25 PM »

Congrats, Chris  party

The last four pics on this page will show you how I did mine.  If you have questions, let me know happy

http://www.tropicalfishgallery.com/photo-gallery/thumbnails.php?album=122&page=3

Fish Pimp  kewl

===========================

"The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse to the trap that get's the cheese"

And I honestly prefer Cheese Wink
darkangelchrisandra
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 07:05:09 PM »

thanks debra and shari ^^ so in the picture you just have a sponge with them on it right? in a closed or slightly open container...? i've got the container as long as i clean it out ^^ and i could get a spongy type thingy like that ^^ i have something i think would work... i'll have to try and find it though... :D
kcgirl81

Tanks: Planted 75g: angelfish/tetras/BN pleco/cories; 29: serpae tetras; 29: emerald apistos; 3 gal betta tank

Gone fishin'

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 09:05:07 AM »

I just use styrofoam, chris. You want something that's going to keep the eggs from getting sopping wet, but you want them floating in water so there will be plenty of humidity and they don't dry out. Loosely cover the container--you want to allow for air flow but keep the humidity in at the same time. I cover with a damp washcloth or a paper towel.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm; it's about how to dance in the rain.
darkangelchrisandra
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 09:10:46 PM »

oh...okay ^^ thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM