Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

August 20, 2019, 10:54:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommendations?  (Read 1683 times)
tetra7853
« on: February 14, 2008, 11:56:17 PM »

Any suggestions for something a little exotic to add to my freshwater community tank...I current have a 20 gallon with tetras, a couple dwarf gourami, and some glo-fish.    happy_dance_01
Taylor
Breaking Barriers

Aquatically Genuine

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 12:06:24 AM »

Can you give us the specific species of tetra, and the numbers for each fish? Also, what happened to the elephantnose?

I would say add more to the tetra school and the danio school, they will really love you for adding more (if you can fit more.)

See the wind, smell the water, taste the fire, hear the earth.
Kim
pita sandwhich
Local Moderator

Tanks: 125,75,50,20's (2),10's(4),5's(7)

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 12:19:19 AM »

I'm guessing elephantnose went away? That's good!

Now the first thing is...what does exotic mean to you? And could you find it?

There are some really cute Gobies/gudgeons that could live in a 20gallon. I'll dig around for some profiles for you.

Peacock gudgeons- http://www.badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile108.html

okay, after much searching I have not found a credible ( or non-credible )profile of Goo Obo Gudgeons and little that satisfied me on Desert Gobies either. Both are also smaller fish that can probably be kept in a 20g.

As luck would have it I am visiting with a friend on Satruday who has raised both species so I'll talk to her about their suitability for community tanks.

I have the peacocks myself, the others make me yearn to set up extra tanks. I want them all. Smiley

I do want to give you a heads up tetra, your dwarf gourami's may not stay compatible for long in that size tank. Male gourami's of any type are territorial and don't care for one another's company. It stresses them out so even if they aren't actually fighting one may become sick from stress. Keep an eye on them.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 12:56:45 AM by Kim » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's