Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

August 26, 2019, 05:05:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Betta not getting accustom to tank  (Read 3134 times)
Jared Buchholz
« on: February 15, 2008, 06:07:11 PM »

I have a 5 gal, I did have a 7.5 but I traded down to the 5, and I have 2 albino ADF and they have been in the tank for about a week. I just put a new Delta Betta in it Wednesday, and it wont eat. I know that I should give it time, but this is how my last betta died: it just wouldn't eat. Since I paid $12 for it, I have a bit of a financial attachment to it. Any way, I have tried freeze dried bloodworm (which is also what the frogs eat), betta pellets, shrimp pellets, and tropical fish flakes, and it won't touch any of it. I have a small filter, a heater, and an anacharis plant. I don't know if it is of any relevance, but the frogs are very lively. Should I just wait another day or two before I start to panic. I just don't want to lose this betta too. Any suggestions?
Markalot

United States United States

Tanks: 150g Reef, 40g Reef, 29g Planted

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 07:40:40 PM »

Try a high quality flake.  Get him interested.  Does he swim toward you when you open the top to feed?  Have you tried Hikari betta pellets (the smallest size)?

I own two bettas, male and female, and they've gone for high quality flakes right away.

M a r k
Jared Buchholz
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 07:55:58 PM »

The flakes are omega one. They are the same flakes he was being fed at the LPS.  He doesn't really show much interest in the food. He swims around and is rather lively, but doesn't eat. I have only had him for 2 days, but I am kind of worried.
darkangelchrisandra
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 08:01:03 PM »

Don't worry Jared for a while just give him time to adjust to his new space and his compainions, and if hes ever hungry he will eat.
gomezaddams
Mysterious and spooky

Sharing water brings us closer

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 12:16:29 AM »

Give him a few more days.If hes not eating in a week,Id try tempting him with something live,like brine shrimp or daphnia.

Waiting will fill
Debra
Senior Staff

Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 02:30:44 AM »

I have a 5 gal, I did have a 7.5 but I traded down to the 5, and I have 2 albino ADF.

There's no such thing as an Albino African Dwarf Frog. You are now the owner of two African Clawed Frogs. You need to buy them a 20 long ASAP. You need to be feeding them a varied diet and not just freeze dried blood worms. If you can't buy a bigger tank for them immediately then you need to take them back to the store.

Are the frogs trying to eat the Betta? Seperate them and see if the fish will eat.

ACF profile: African Clawed Frog Profile - ACF

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile106.html

Good Luck!

"Give others freedom to be themselves. Appreciate the differences between their ways and yours."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation