Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

September 22, 2019, 06:25:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: comb jellie/ ctenophore  (Read 13785 times)
TruCelt
Noticeably Yakky Exception

Tanks: 100 gal. Loach tank, 12 gal. snails, shrimp, and betta

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 10:33:55 AM »

cut him in half so i can have one...then I'll let mine grow and cut him in half and give one to wizzy!

http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/meninblack/stings.wav

I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it . . . Edgar Allan Poe
Karen
Professor
Senior Staff

United States United States

Tanks: 450 pacu community, 70 tropical community, 125 tropical community 70 coldwater community, 30 shell dwelling cichlids

I wish I was a fish!

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 09:18:03 PM »

There are a few small feather worms in my live rock....but none in the temperate tank.

Put me back out to sea to play with the fishies...I don't belong on land!  [img width= height= alt=SmileyCentral.com" border="0]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/25/25_7_20.gif[/img]
Aquaseafoam

Tanks: 2x75 gallon, 2x29 gal, 2x20 gal, 3x 10 gal

The Crypt Keeper

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2008, 05:33:26 PM »

Thanks for the update!
I am so jealous and so wish I lived near the ocean Sad

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"An idea does not gain truth as it gains followers\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"-Amanda Bloom
Gypers
Why oh why me?

Tanks: 55, 29, 22,10.

Paradise Survivor

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2008, 11:51:12 PM »

Still waiting on that night time pic of it glowing........

Because I said so.
aquagirl900

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 12:23:29 AM »

yup me too

Keeping fish healthy is harder than keeping people healthy...people can tell you what's wrong!
Karen
Professor
Senior Staff

Tanks: 450 pacu community, 70 tropical community, 125 tropical community 70 coldwater community, 30 shell dwelling cichlids

I wish I was a fish!

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2008, 07:29:52 AM »

I have tried.  It flashes for 2-3 seconds rather than light up and stay lit.... timing it is no small task.  It would have to be done as a video, and as a video the resolution is so poor that you can't see the "see through" little blob.  Also the way to make it light up is to poke it or swirl its water, so now I am trying to get the camera to focus on a see through moving item.  I took the picture I have by focusing the camera on a chopstick I had stuck in the water next to the jelly, then removing the chop stick.  I can't focus the camera on something moving and not know where it will be when the shutter goes.  The camera simply can't focus on something it can't detect.

The only camera I have is more designed for taking mountain scenery pictures than it will ever be for taking close ups....

Put me back out to sea to play with the fishies...I don't belong on land!  [img width= height= alt=SmileyCentral.com" border="0]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/25/25_7_20.gif[/img]
turtletoes

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2008, 02:26:26 PM »

How did the little guy get into the bucket?? Do you collect sea water to do water changes on your tank?? i'm confused but excited for you!! Smiley I just saw some sort of jelly fish at one of our LFS the other day. They had it in a 10g nanoreef tank. It is about the size of a tennis ball cut in half. I've never seen a jelly fish in a tank anywhere outside of a large aquarium like the GA aquarium or some other public aquarium that has all kinds of differen creatures in it......thats too cool. Still, where did it come from??
~Lori

don't worry, be happy
Karen
Professor
Senior Staff

I wish I was a fish!

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2008, 05:40:56 PM »

Itucker0....this wandered WAY off topic with some good questions so I started a new thread with them in the "alternative set ups " section.  Find your questions and answers there in a thread called "salt water source."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation