Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

December 05, 2019, 03:04:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: someone thinks they're funny.....MARY!!!  (Read 2433 times)
Stella G
Chum Bucket Survivor aka Angry McGrumpypants

Tanks: 10, 20, 40 & 55

« on: March 26, 2008, 06:21:55 PM »

My dear Mary, remember when I asked you to please send me A FEW Malaysian trumpet snails?  Remember when you sent me the PM saying you thought they had all died and you could hardly find any?  Remember when you said "oh, I think I found some!"  Remember when I opened the box and thought there were about a million in there?  Well......a million doesn't even start to cover it!  A billion?  A trillion?  I don't think they are even countable with our modern numerical system.  I thought I had heard an evil laugh echoing from Chicago early Monday morning.  Baaaad Mary!

Seriously, you are very generous and I love you dearly, but I think I just have too many now.  (Yes, everyone battling MTS go ahead and laugh at me now.)  I put A LOT into the 55, which is why I wanted them, but I don't know what to do with the extras.  Do you think my striata and yoyos would eat them?  They regularly chow down on extra ramshorns, but aren't MTS a bit....harder to eat?

Also, I found a suspicious gelatinous glob of eggs in the moss you sent.  I suspect spixi eggs.  Bad Mary!  Trying to smuggle spixis into my tank....you should be ashamed of yourself!   rofl

Of course, all of your bad snail behavior is outweighed by the glorious shrimp you sent me.  I'm downright giddy watching them swim around my tank.   KISS001

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
"Now, go away or I shall taunt you a second time."
gomezaddams
Mysterious and spooky

Sharing water brings us closer

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 08:31:54 PM »

Lol with mts you only need to start with one to fill all your tanks in a week or so.My striata do eat the mts,not enough to wipe them out but enough to keep them in check.

Waiting will fill
mduros

Tanks: 1 55 gallon freshwater tank, down to 2 opalines, 2 bn plecos, 1 betta, 1 bolivian ram, 3 sidthmunkis, 6 adolfoi cories; 1 20 gallon long amphibian tank (taricha granulosa)

So close no matter how far

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 11:01:51 PM »

Hey Stella,
I'm sorry about that.  I think I may have confused you with someone else that had asked for 100 mts.  Honestly, I didn't go back through the first pms to see how many you wanted because I "knew" you wanted 100...  My mistake and I apologize.  Also, I didn't see the eggs. I did remove a spixi that tried to go live with his Aunt Stella, but I missed the eggs I guess.  Just freeze the unwanted snails or crush them.  I don't have very many of them in my tank with the yoyos and striatas, but there are also sidthmunkis in that tank, so I don't know who helps keep the numbers down.

Glad I got it right on the shrimp though!
Take care,
Mary.
RTR...Grumpy Ole Fogie

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 11:11:15 PM »

Loaches are biters and slurpers, not crunchers like puffers (although some puffers do eat the same way as loaches), so they can get the MTS if they just see a bit of flesh available.  So as gomezaddams said, they will control but not eradicate.

"Where's the fish?" - Neptune
Stella G
Chum Bucket Survivor aka Angry McGrumpypants

Tanks: 10, 20, 40 & 55

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 08:46:39 AM »

Well, I tentatively threw a few to the loaches last night.  I hope I don't live to regret it.  They did seem to eat a couple, but I think one or two managed to escape into the substrate.  I think I'll end up just throwing in a few every now and then.  I can't see just freezing perfectly good loach food.  Mary, my loaches thank you for their dinner.   Wink

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
"Now, go away or I shall taunt you a second time."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation