Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

August 20, 2019, 10:56:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Snail Keeps Laying Eggs  (Read 2219 times)
DjElite40
« on: March 31, 2008, 07:46:43 AM »

I've got 2 blue mystery snails in my 75 gallon tank. About a week and a half ago one layed a clutch of eggs and then yesterday I noticed another clutch right beside the first one. How many snails usually hatch out of each clutch? Am I going to end up being over run by snails ... lol. Are pet shops usually pretty good about taking ones that you don't want to keep? I'd probably ony want to keep about 3. I think 5 snails will be plenty. Hopefully i can get my LFS to take the rest.
Debra
Senior Staff

Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 05:15:32 PM »

One brig clutch can contain anywhere from 50 -100+ baby brigs.

You can pop the clutch off and trash it when you find them. Talk with your LFS and find our if they are interested in taking any of them from you. Pop clutches as needed to control their numbers.

HTH sorry for such a slow response.

"Give others freedom to be themselves. Appreciate the differences between their ways and yours."
DjElite40
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 03:47:09 PM »

I spoke to my LFS yesterday and they told me to bring them in. So I geuss I'll just keep letting them go. Should I wait a certain amount of time before removing them from my tank and taking them to my LFS? The first clutch should hatch any day now.
gomezaddams
Mysterious and spooky

Sharing water brings us closer

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 10:33:39 PM »

You have to ask your lfs how big they want the snails.Some will take smaller most want them the size of a quarter or larger.

Waiting will fill
Debra
Senior Staff

Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 10:41:19 PM »

I doubt that they are going to want any really small brigs. It could take months for them to reach a size that makes them more appealing to the store customers. But as Gomez said, ask the store.

They said that they would take them, but they probably didn't mean that they would want a few hundred. Ask them How many?

Read the keeping happy snails thread at the top of this section. Read the brig profile listed in the Quick links section at the top of this section. You can find a lot of helpful information in both.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!! happy

"Give others freedom to be themselves. Appreciate the differences between their ways and yours."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation