Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

August 26, 2019, 03:10:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how often should I feed my ADF's?  (Read 3098 times)
nicci
« on: April 03, 2008, 05:52:14 PM »

I have a 10 gallon tank with 6. Two are rather young... at least they are much smaller than the others and I was told they were "babies." I've been feeding every day (frozen bloodworms and frozen beefheart...although I'm going to cut that out as soon as I can get to the store to get something else). I've read that some feed every other day... so how often is good? And am I feeding the right stuff? (I've also used those frog and tadpole pellets, but they don't want anything to do with them. They acually dodge them!)
Carlo

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 06:50:24 PM »

I give mine frozen stuff every day.   Usually bloodworms, but also cubes of brine fish, and other stuff.  I occasionally fast them for a day, but I don't think it makes much difference.
nicci
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 08:49:09 PM »

Well, good. I think I'm going to drop the beefheart and get some brine shrimp and more bloodworms. Dummy me took all the cubes out of the packages and put them in freezer bags, and now I don't know which is which! Frogs are happy though... I give one light tap on the tank before I pour the food in and they come scrambling to where it usually falls...
Debra
Senior Staff

Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 10:32:32 PM »

I feed my ADFs daily. If you skip a day it certainly won't hurt them. Take care not to foul your water. Perform extra water changes/vacs if you need to in order to keep their water pristine. They are messy eaters and I find it helpful to clean more often in my ADF tank. I don't clean more than once a week in the tanks that have fish and ADFs because the fish eat any excess food.

They are prone to bacterial infections. Clean water is a must.

Glad your guys/gals are eating so well for you. The little frogs could be young or both males. Males are smaller and a lot slimmer than females. Once the females reach their adult size they are much larger than adult males.

HTH

"Give others freedom to be themselves. Appreciate the differences between their ways and yours."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation