Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

September 16, 2019, 04:04:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amorous ADF's?  (Read 3213 times)
nicci
« on: April 07, 2008, 09:07:29 PM »

I found 2 pairs tonight... in the first pair, one of the bigger frogs was up against the glass of the tank, and one of the smaller frogs was behind the bigger frog, arms wrapped around the bigger frog.

The other pair was on the floor of the tank... small frog on big frog's back, arms around.

Any chance I should be looking out for tadpoles?

Anything I should be doing to prepare for the possibility of raising tadpoles? I've heard it's really difficult to do...
Carlo

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 09:12:57 PM »

That's mating behavior, but won't necessarily lead to anything.  The frog with arms wrapped around is waiting for eggs, not actually mating.

Mine have done that a lot, but nothing has ever come of it.  I don't know what I'd do if there were tadpoles.
nicci
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 10:39:53 PM »

Well, good. Hopefully there won't be any little ones. I about had a fit when I saw them since I've been trying to get pregnant with no luck...

If I ain't havin' a baby, no frog of mine is havin' a baby!  lame
So there.
Debra
Senior Staff

Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 11:23:06 PM »

If by chance during one of the squeezing sessions the female released her eggs the male would then release sperm into the water and fertilize them. Then, all the frogs in the tank would quickly eat all the eggs.

It takes alot of hard work and time to raise ADFs. ADFs eat their eggs, the eggs have to be removed quickly, some will be fertile some will not. You have to remove the bad eggs. Etc. Etc. Without any help from you it just won't happen.

Good Luck to you Nicci! happy When the time is right it will happen for you and your hubby. That's such exciting news!!! 

"Give others freedom to be themselves. Appreciate the differences between their ways and yours."
btosh60
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 10:47:57 PM »

Also bear in mind that frogs are very social and like to hang out together... I more often then not see my 4 hanging out very close if not right on top of one another...
Hey.. maybe try it frog style and you and the froggies can all be fertile together Smiley  party

wishes and baby vibes to you Smiley
nicci
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 02:34:37 PM »

HAH! Froggie style! Too funny!
btosh60
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 06:55:37 PM »

Maybe it should be added to the Kama Sutra????? rofl rofl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post