Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

September 22, 2019, 01:57:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sad news  (Read 4429 times)
Stampingchick
« on: August 06, 2008, 08:31:11 PM »

Hi guys.  I came here to share some very sad news.  I think my ADF, Sonny, is dead.  I hadn't seen him for a few days, so I decided to get in there and really look.  Unfortunately, all I was able to find was what I think are his hips and femurs.  He and his "wife" Cher were in a 5.5 tank by themselves.  I can't imagine what this would be other than his remains.  Cher is fine.  (She's been blind for about 2 years, but she seems okay).  They were both about 4 years old. 

My little guy had so much personality.  I would look up and he would be transfixed, watching me.  He would watch me and anyone else who got near his home.  At one point they were in my bedroom, and many nights, Sonny would serenade me to sleep.  I will miss him the most of any of the animals I have ever lost, especially my waterbabies. 

Rest in Peace Sonny.   innocent
Kim
pita sandwhich
Senior Staff

Tanks: 125,75,50,20's (2),10's(4),5's(7)

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 08:35:30 PM »

I'm really sorry Amber.

BottomFeeder

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 08:37:25 PM »

Sorry to hear that, give my best to Cher.

<a href="http://www.badmanstropicalfish.com/forum/index.php/topic, 17829.0.html">
[/url]

55g Tiger Barb community
30g King Tiger Pleco
29g Cockatoo 
20g Convict
20g Calico Pleco
15g Shimp Tank
6g Betta tank
renlea
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 11:13:39 PM »

Sorry about your loss.  Sad  I have 4 ADFs, and know how much fun they are.  Might want to think about getting Cher a new Sonny.
Stampingchick
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 11:41:58 PM »

Thanks guys!  I knew I could count on y'all to understand. 
Renlea, I'm puzzling over that.  Cher is old, 4 years, and at least partially blind.  I don't know if I should get her some company (and if so should I stick to females so they don't try to mate with her) or just give her peace.  I don't want her environment to become the froggy equivalent to having little kids ride their big wheels through the halls of a nursing home.  *sigh*  I wish she could just tell me what she would prefer.  If I'm brutally honest with myself I would have to say it's not likely she'll live much longer, both because of her age, and because she's been with Sonny for so long.  Any thoughts?  Anyone?

Amber
Stampingchick
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 11:11:41 PM »

Okay, so I went tonight and got Cher a new companion.  Keeping in theme, I have named her Madonna.  Smiley  They seem to get along okay.  Cher has sniffed Madonna's foot and apparently decided she could stay.  (Heh, that's a new one huh?)  Anyway,  I wanted to say thanks again for your support and brag about Madonna.  :p~

Amber
Debra
Senior Staff

Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 10:21:41 PM »

Sorry for your loss. Sad

Little ADFs have big personalities! I hope Cher enjoys her new friend.

Good Luck

"Give others freedom to be themselves. Appreciate the differences between their ways and yours."
Stampingchick
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 11:35:50 PM »

Thanks Debra!  They seem to get along fine.  Madonna was lounging on top of Cher a little earlier, so I think they've at least accepted each other.  Smiley  I also put in a little baby snail from my other tank, since I'm treating that tank and was afraid (s)he wouldn't make it through another round of TC.  I rinsed it off in a small cup of cher and madonna's water.  Hope I haven't made a mistake, but I think it'll be okay.

Thanks again!!

Amber
Stampingchick
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 11:37:03 PM »

Madonna died soon after I posted this.  I thought she was having trouble molting, but apparently it was something else.  Tonight I found Cher dead.  So now I have no ADFs.  I will get some more and set up a species tank for them once my mom is back home.
Debra
Senior Staff

Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 11:44:34 PM »

Sad I am so sorry.

"Give others freedom to be themselves. Appreciate the differences between their ways and yours."
Phoog
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 11:55:31 PM »

lazyboy
Stampingchick
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 02:17:40 AM »

Well, Cher WAS 4 years old.  She lived quite a pampered life.  Thanks for the thoughts.  This site taught me a lot about how to care for her, and the people are always wonderful! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation