Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

December 08, 2019, 10:07:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crayfish food  (Read 2033 times)
gomezaddams
Mysterious and spooky

Sharing water brings us closer

« on: January 14, 2009, 06:34:31 PM »

A person at the group home I work at came home with a crayfish in a coffe can from a camping trip last summer.Me being unable to help myself added caring for it to the other 3 tanks me and one of the guys there take care of.Its been eating a mixture of fishfoods flake and pellet that Ive been supplying for it and the other fish from my own stock.Its been growing, healthy and has moulted once.Tank is a 10g bare bottom with a few rocks for it to hide in.In tank whisper filter.I keep the tank half full and it has a screen top to prevent escapes.

Now the problem.The person is moving to another program.Im putting together a care package and written instructions for the staff to help this person care for "crab"(its name).

What readily available fishfood would be a decent diet for it?One kind one brand as its only diet.I know I know,but the simpler I make this the better chance it has of surviving in its new home.Its got to be something the towns 1 tiny petstore or walmart would have.

Waiting will fill
annie p

Tanks: 75g community, 54g SW African cichlid tank, green terror tank 2 blue lobsters, 54g reef,75g SW

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 10:43:56 AM »

I would use Hikari sinking carnivore pellets. Mine get those alot.

fish happens
kcgirl81

Tanks: Planted 75g: angelfish/tetras/BN pleco/cories; 29: serpae tetras; 29: emerald apistos; 3 gal betta tank

Gone fishin'

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 10:48:47 AM »

I would use some sort of sinking cichlid pellet--something with shrimp and/or spirulina would be great. A food that's intended for omnivores would be best, as opposed to all protein or all veggie.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm; it's about how to dance in the rain.
gomezaddams
Mysterious and spooky

Sharing water brings us closer

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 01:06:38 PM »

Good suggestions!
"Crab"'s move got put off till saturday so Ill be getting the food and water conditioner tommorow.
Yesterday I picked up a siphon for tank cleaning and a 3 gallon bucket.Tank is half full so 1 bucket = 50% waterchange.And some replacement filter pads.

Waiting will fill
RTR...Grumpy Ole Fogie

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 05:27:55 PM »

If you already keep crabs, Crab Bites or such should also be good - extra minerals.

"Where's the fish?" - Neptune
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's