Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

October 13, 2019, 08:58:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Claws in a kiddie pool  (Read 3602 times)
Mr T Rides BMX

Now making lures

« on: March 13, 2009, 06:27:04 AM »

hey fellas, well my 1200gal kiddie pool seems to be slowly losing its population of grandpas excess guppies thanks to the resident snake head gudgeon  Smiley he's soon going to be placed back in the 120 after we move house, so i was thinking it may be worth my while to introduce a few breeding pairs of red claw crayfish for fish food purposes, now my main concern are the Crays shredding through liner with the claws? do you think if I used a sand substrate to cover the floor of the pool it would help prevent them breaking through?  or should i perhaps try convicts as a supplement to their diet? instead of the Crays?

Cheers guys I'm hoping you guys will be as helpful as you usually are!

2- 125gal
1- 55gal
Karen
Professor
Senior Staff

United States United States

Tanks: 450 pacu community, 70 tropical community, 125 tropical community 70 coldwater community, 30 shell dwelling cichlids

I wish I was a fish!

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 07:09:52 AM »

I am presuming you have it in brackish water?  How about mollies?  I have never tried breeding cray fish, and honestly don't think I know of anyone that has.

Put me back out to sea to play with the fishies...I don't belong on land!  [img width= height= alt=SmileyCentral.com" border="0]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/25/25_7_20.gif[/img]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation