Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

October 13, 2019, 09:02:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Life expectation of Pearl Gouramis  (Read 3571 times)
Danni
We don't keep fish, we keep clean water!

Tanks: 75 gal Planted tank with Congo, Lemon, Red Phantom, Green Fire, Orange Van Rio Tetras, Schwartzi and 3 Line Corys, 2 Bristlenose and one Dwarf Flame Gourami

Back for more!

« on: April 05, 2009, 09:31:13 PM »

I lost my male Pearl Gourami today. I noticed that he was hanging among the plants in the back corner for the last few days but he was still eating. There were no marks, sores, fuzz or anything out of the ordinary. My question is what is the life expectancy of Pearl Gouramis? I have had this one since May last year.

Water Parameters
pH - 7.4
Ammonia - 0 ppm
Nitrites - 0 ppm
Nitrates - 20 ppm before the water change I did tonight
KH - 3
GH - 5
Last addition of fish was February 17 when I added 4 Whitefin cories to the tank. They were quarantined... I did lose a cory last week but I think it might have been one of my older Whitefins, not the new ones I added as they are much smaller.

Never ask a woman what computer she uses. If it's a Mac, she'll tell you. If it's not, why embarrass her?
Michael B
Of All the Things I've Lost, I Miss My Mind the Most.
Senior Staff

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 09:35:01 PM »

around 4yrs is normal.

Mentally confused and prone to wandering......

www.noclownsinacube.net
franklin7300
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 09:41:02 PM »

Gouramis usually live for 3 to 4 years,so unless yours was fairly old when you bought it,and with the death of another fish recently in the tank,I would say something is going on in your tank.
winn0923

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 10:18:29 PM »

About 4 years would be what I expect. 

However, gourami from Asian fish farm most likey carry some type of virus.  This is pretty common in dwarf but I don't think pearl gourami were affected?

Live, learn, be happy.

Specialized in wild bettas and Malawi cichlids.
Danni
We don't keep fish, we keep clean water!

Tanks: 75 gal Planted tank with Congo, Lemon, Red Phantom, Green Fire, Orange Van Rio Tetras, Schwartzi and 3 Line Corys, 2 Bristlenose and one Dwarf Flame Gourami

Back for more!

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 10:19:32 PM »

Thanks for the replies... I guess I will add a mid-week water change to my routine. Hopefully, that will deal with whatever is going on in there. The gourami was immature when I got him... as a matter of fact, I thought I had gotten two females. The female left seems to be acting normally. Another observation... she is very fat through the middle. She has been like this for months so I am guessing it is because she is full of eggs. The male used to build bubble nests but he hasn't for the last few months.

Never ask a woman what computer she uses. If it's a Mac, she'll tell you. If it's not, why embarrass her?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation