Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

December 08, 2019, 09:34:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shipping Shrimp Priority Mail ?  (Read 2020 times)
Huzzah1981
« on: April 25, 2009, 10:56:10 AM »

I'm close to buying some yellow shrimp from someone I know from a forum, but I don't want to have to pay the extra $20 to upgrade to express shipping... they're only going from Iowa to Madison, WI- should be 2 days at most for Priority Mail.

Having never ordered shrimp or fish online I'm worried about how well they'll do... should I be concerned?  They'd be sent with some moss, in a Kordon Breather Bag in a insulated styrofoam box...  they'd be fine right?  (Yellow shrimp, btw... a mix of males and females with some berried)

BottomFeeder

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 11:32:27 AM »

I received some shrimp from Lori last fall CO to NC via priority mail with no problems. 

<a href="http://www.badmanstropicalfish.com/forum/index.php/topic, 17829.0.html">
[/url]

55g Tiger Barb community
30g King Tiger Pleco
29g Cockatoo 
20g Convict
20g Calico Pleco
15g Shimp Tank
6g Betta tank
Huzzah1981
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 11:48:57 AM »

I received some shrimp from Lori last fall CO to NC via priority mail with no problems. 
Thank you... I just worry a lot since I've never shipped or had shipped to me anything alive. 
Debra
Senior Staff

Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 06:07:55 PM »

They'd be sent with some moss, in a Kordon Breather Bag in a insulated styrofoam box...  they'd be fine right?

Unless something horrible happens to the box during shipping they will be fine. My shrimp have all taken at least 3 days to arrive at my home and all have arrived healthy and alive.

Hope That helps

"Give others freedom to be themselves. Appreciate the differences between their ways and yours."
Huzzah1981
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 02:18:00 PM »

Thanks all... I'm no longer worried about their shipping- they are due to arrive tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the Taiwan Moss, Anubias Nana, and Java Fern Windelov I'm putting in their little 10G tank are coming tomorrow also, instead of today.  Now I'm worried about my first time dealing with live plants (getting rid of snails and eggs, without killing the plants or leaving any residue on them that might harm my shrimp- using Jungle Clear Water (potassium permanganate)) and also my first time having to really acclimate shrimp.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation