Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

December 08, 2019, 09:08:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good online store for Shrimp?  (Read 1885 times)
jimmyd

Tanks: 20 Gallon(high); 8 Gallon Biorb

« on: May 02, 2009, 10:58:08 AM »

Does anybody know of a good online store to buy shrimp? My LFS doesn't tend to carry an abundance of shrimp, and the ones they do carry aren't good for my water parameters. I was considering buying shrimp from Planet Inverts, but I recently read some bad reviews about that place on other forums. Apparently a lot of people have had issues with late arrivals, not getting what they ordered, etc. However, the owner of the shop has replied to those posts saying he's changed his business model and turned his business around. He also seems to have rectified the issues with disgruntled customers. Most of those posts seem to have taken place from summer to fall of 2008. So I'm hoping I could trust ordering from him at this point.

Another shop I was looking into was The Shrimp Tank. I haven't seen any reviews though. The only thing that concerns me is that they insulate with shredded paper and only some times use Styrofoam. The Shrimp Spot was another that I was looking at, though it seems like their online store is offline temporarily.

Anybody have experience with any of these places? Do you know of other online shops that are reliable? Something in the Northeast would probably be preferable since I'm in Boston, but I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Blogging: Never before have so many people with so little to so say said so much to so few.
Michael B
Of All the Things I've Lost, I Miss My Mind the Most.
Senior Staff

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 12:29:04 PM »

I can't help you with online sources but I will say, why not post a request in the Trading Post area of this forum?  I know we have a lot of shrimpers here and you just might find someone in your area with shrimp to spare!!

Mentally confused and prone to wandering......

www.noclownsinacube.net
MRM
Titles, I don't need no stinking title.
Senior Staff

My Boo is getting Bigger!

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 03:59:43 PM »

Check aquabid. THere are a large number of shrimp sellers there.

The following statement is true. The previous statement was false.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation