Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

April 20, 2019, 02:12:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another BGK Tankmate topic  (Read 1535 times)
action-18

« on: January 26, 2010, 12:09:30 PM »

My girlfriend has a 55gal with a 4" BGK, 3 regular glasscats, 1 africal glasscat which she loves and we are searching desperately for more, and a zebra Pleco.  She wants some tankmates.  She considered going discus but decided too much work.  So I told her Angels or Gouramis which I have seen mentioned.  But I think she has made a bad choice with the glasscats. What do you think?  She also has fairly large grained substrate with lots of decorations and many plants both plastic and live.  There are a few tubes in there for the BGK too.  Ideas please? Thanks, Joe
Clint
loachaholic

Tanks: 20G planted, 90g planted up and running 4/09

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 12:38:15 PM »

What is the plan for the BGK when it gets bigger? I second gourami or angelfish for a tank mate/s? I don't know much about BGKs other then they get pretty big.

20g 3 praecox rainbows, 1 Skunk botias,

90g 7 boesemani, 2 irian rainbows, 2 turquoise rainbows,   7 yoyo loach, 12 Pangio kuhli, 8 oblonga kuhli, 5 zebra loach, 4 clown loaches, 1 rainbow shark, 3 denison barbs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation