Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

November 15, 2019, 04:44:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Assassin Snail -- Gandhian pacifist or welfare bum?  (Read 14666 times)
Blue-ram

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 11:45:18 PM »

Out of the eight assassin snails in the tank the last I saw two tiny ones was over a week ago.  I think they ran away from home. The least they could have done is taken the pond snails with them............

2prs GBR, pair P. taeniatus 'Moliwe in holding tank adding soon, 6 sids, oto, 12 ADF 95w 6700k 2.13wpg 8hrs, planted 65g, No C02, Excel, EI for Micro and Macro fertz, 18w UV, Eheim 2126
seesaw

Tanks: 3

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 10:57:38 AM »

Awww!  Sounds about right to me!  I was up rather late/early, depending on how you look at things, and I saw most of my snails at 4am this morning.  Did I mention I called my adults Wally and Houdini?  Smiley  I have 22 visible snails, 3 being rather tiny and cute,  but I also spotted something that looks like eggs too, so hopefully my unusually frisky snails are still laying! 

The only regret I have is that they're doing so in a tank with a UGF, and it's nearing time for a big strip clean!  I'm being ever so careful when I hoover the top gravel in there, checking the bucket before emptying it away etc.  I have also really cut back on feeding in that tank and now have no pest snails in there, so I keep popping the odd one in from one of the other tanks.   kewl 

I now have to be brave and move some smaller assassins into my big tank, I'll probably have a really hard time spotting them in there!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation