Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

April 21, 2019, 10:01:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Faunus sp. Lava Snail  (Read 5373 times)
Lilybean
Yemeyana

Tanks: 3g empty, 20g (gouramis and shark temp tanks), 55g soon!

« on: March 06, 2011, 06:43:28 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VERY-RARE-DEVIL-LAVA-SNAIL-PYRAMID-4-6CM-FAUNUS-SP_W0QQitemZ280621344132QQcategoryZ66788QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7554480286803569177#ht_1283wt_698

I mentioned these in passing in another thread, but the tank in question is almost certainly too small.

However, I may be able to have room for a dedicated tank for these guys, if i can swap a normal hinged door for a sliding screen door. There doesn't seem to be much information available for these, but the best I can find is that for all husbandry intents and purposes they may as well be Sulawesi rabbit snails... another animal I can't find information on.

These Faunus grow 3-4" long. Does anybody know what kind of setup or tank size they require? As they don't look much like swimmers, could a smaller-than-recommended tank with adequate maintenance and a larger landscape surface area work?

To be honest, other than when it's necessary, I find myself dismayed at tank size requirements given as lengths - I find many 'standard' tanks to be awkward in proportions (they don't make best use of the space available), and would rather have 'gallons' if applicable.

Thanks!

Tonight the waves march
In long ranks
Cutting the darkness
With their silver shanks,
Cutting the darkness
And kissing the moon
And beating the land\'s
Edge into a swoon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: