Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

August 23, 2019, 08:07:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fire Belly Frog Questions  (Read 6134 times)
Rowdy

Tanks: One 55g african cichlid tank and previously a 37g tropical fish tank

If you are what you eat... i need to eat more fish

« on: June 26, 2011, 09:57:27 PM »

I am starting a frog terrarium (2 fire belly frogs) and was wondering if 2 males could live in the same tank? And if they will eat dead meal-worms? i would appreciate any feed back you could give me thanks. 11579     
Lilly

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 10:56:12 PM »

Hey everyone! I am starting a terrerium with 2 fire belly frogs! If you could give me any advice that would be great. If you had a bad experience please share so I learn my lessson the easy way! Thank you so much!  kewl
Karen
Professor
Senior Staff

United States United States

Tanks: 450 pacu community, 70 tropical community, 125 tropical community 70 coldwater community, 30 shell dwelling cichlids

I wish I was a fish!

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 04:02:35 AM »

I think I always fed mine crickets.  I can't remember though, its been a few years.

Put me back out to sea to play with the fishies...I don't belong on land!  [img width= height= alt=SmileyCentral.com" border="0]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/25/25_7_20.gif[/img]
Q
Senior Staff

Tanks: 125 Gallon Amazon Biotope Community: 30 Cardinal Tetras; 8 Silver Hatchets; 10 Panda Cories; 2 Butterfly Ram; 6 Discus 37H Rose Garden: 9 Rosy Tetras

None of us is as smart as all of us.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 05:57:35 AM »

Ask Lilly.

Humans are the only creatures able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.
Q
Senior Staff

Tanks: 125 Gallon Amazon Biotope Community: 30 Cardinal Tetras; 8 Silver Hatchets; 10 Panda Cories; 2 Butterfly Ram; 6 Discus 37H Rose Garden: 9 Rosy Tetras

None of us is as smart as all of us.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 05:58:13 AM »

Ask Rowdy.

Humans are the only creatures able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.
Karen
Professor
Senior Staff

Tanks: 450 pacu community, 70 tropical community, 125 tropical community 70 coldwater community, 30 shell dwelling cichlids

I wish I was a fish!

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 07:53:44 AM »

Mergy purgy!

Put me back out to sea to play with the fishies...I don't belong on land!  [img width= height= alt=SmileyCentral.com" border="0]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/25/25_7_20.gif[/img]
Rowdy

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 10:46:16 AM »

I was wondering if you could have 2 male fire belly frogs in one tank or will they fight to see who is dominate? Also, if you feed them dead meal worms, will they actually eat them? Thanks!
Lilly

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 08:41:10 PM »

I am going to get two fire belly frogs. I was wondering if you could have two males together or will they see who is dominate? Also, is it easy to breed crickets for them? And, how much do i feed them?  confused
Karen
Professor
Senior Staff

I wish I was a fish!

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 09:00:42 PM »

Lilly/ Rowdy which ever user name you are using at the moment....

This is a fish forum.  We know fish.  There are a few people that keep other pets, and you had nothing to loose in asking your frog question.  However, I am not aware of anyone on the board that actively keeps fire bellied toads.  Asking the exact same question 3 times in two forums under two different user names will not change that.

I am sorry that no one here seems to be able to answer your question, perhaps you could try a message board that is geared for amphibians or frogs specifically.  Good luck.

Rowdy

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 10:23:51 AM »

Actully lilly is my sister and i posted this for her then she created her own account and posted it. She doesnt get that i already asked the question for her
RummyNose

Me and fishbro22 are Nerds

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 08:09:14 PM »

I was wondering if you could have 2 male fire belly frogs in one tank or will they fight to see who is dominate? Also, if you feed them dead meal worms, will they actually eat them? Thanks!
I have 3 FBF 2 males and 1 female and they all get along fine and the only eat live food they won't eat anything that does not move also you shouldn't feed them meal worms they have hard shell that are hard to digest (try Earthworms,Waxworms or Crickets) Hope this helps

Signature and Avatar by me PM me if you want one
Pat Mary

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 08:31:19 PM »

Mbuchanan, This thread is about a year and a half old.  I am sure that they have figured out what they should do for their frogs.

When in doubt, do a water change.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's