Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

July 19, 2019, 12:03:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ADF update  (Read 2163 times)
Sally

« on: August 06, 2012, 09:49:46 AM »

Hi all,

So the news is good! The frog seems to be doing fine, been in the big tank 2 days now. Yesterday morning I couldn't find it for a few hours and thought, oh oh. But then there he was. It is a long way up for it to the top for it but he gets there and does use the plants to rest in.  it doesn't seem to be tiring. I have floating plants for the honey gouramis and he sometimes gets up in those. Today I plan to feed it some frozen bloodworms with a syringe since I cannot tell if/what it eats.

Thanks as alway for the help.
Sally
CrazyCatPeekin

Tanks: 100G, 55G, 35G, 2x29G, 2x20G, 4x10G, 5G, 3G, 2x2.5G

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 11:35:01 AM »

That's great news! He will probably latch onto those floating plants sometimes and float around the top. They can really get their bodies into some odd positions sometimes...looks like they are doing froggie yoga...very cute!

If things continue to go well, I would think about getting him a buddy or two if you have enough room in the tank. ADFs really do better in groups.  Just remember to quarantine before adding the new guys.

Keep us posted!

~Lissa
Sally

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 01:02:24 PM »

Hi Crazy,

Well you would not have to push me hard to get another... I find them quite entertaining. I will wait several days to make sure this one will do well.

Thanks,   Sally
Debra
Senior Staff

Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 03:46:39 AM »

Make sure that your ADF can't escape from your tank. It can and will use the floating plants to jump out.

Good Luck

"Give others freedom to be themselves. Appreciate the differences between their ways and yours."
Sally

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 09:23:40 AM »

Thanks, Debra, I hadn't really thought much about that... but I do have a closed tank with a good top.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation