Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

October 17, 2019, 06:24:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: horned nerite price  (Read 2769 times)
Robbie

« on: September 23, 2012, 01:23:07 PM »

I just went to the lfs and they had some horned nerite snails for 3.88 canadian. I am wondering if this is a good price because i've never seen them in my city before.

I LIKE PLECOS!!!
Debra
Senior Staff

Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 03:16:32 AM »

Apparently the stores in your area don't have nerites often. It's a good price if they're healthy. If you had to order them from a web site the cost of shipping would make them expensive snails and you wouldn't actually get to see what you ordered before they arrived at your home.

Hope that Helps

"Give others freedom to be themselves. Appreciate the differences between their ways and yours."
gunnered72

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Tanks: 240, 100, 70, 50, 30, 30, 25 Litres

Theres more water than air in here :P

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 08:02:54 AM »

Horned Nerite snails are amazing Algae eaters...Ive been keeping them with Zebra Nerite snails for a while now and i cant remember the last time i had to clean the glass on my tanks....They also will keep the surfaces of rocks and ornaments spotless free from green spot algae...They also cannot reproduce in anything but brackish conditions so unlike other snails they will never over run your tank...

There is just one downside..If they breed (and they can in normal freshwater aquariums) they will scatter little white sesame seed eggs everywere..These eggs wont hatch though like i said above unless in brackish conditions so its not that bad a problem....

From my experience Nerite Snails will only maybe breed once when introduced to a freshwater aquarium and then never again...Thats whats happened in my case and ive been keeping Nerite Snails for about 6 months now....It remains to be seen though if mine breed again...Hopefully not, the little white eggs are a little unsightly.

Having said that their algae eating abilities far outweigh the problem of them laying little white eggs and in my opinion are well worth keeping...They look good too  happy

I love to hate Water Changes! :P
Robbie

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 07:13:58 PM »

Alright then I'm defenetly gonna get some, they only have 5 small ones so im probobly gonna get what evers left on the weekend.

I LIKE PLECOS!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's