Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

November 22, 2019, 04:36:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: African Dwarf Frog dieing?  (Read 4632 times)
FishKeeper

Tanks: 40g African Cichlid Tank, 30g Tropical Tank, 5g ADF tank

Loving Life

« on: July 08, 2013, 10:30:39 AM »

Alright so yesterday night i went to go see my frogs annd one was stuck to the filter... I stopped the filter and it swam a little wierd for a bit and then just floated to the top of the tank... today i went to look at them again and the frog is still floating at the top... I touched it and its still alive... Whats going on!?

Youtube Channel: http://m.youtube.com/#/user/MegaJavier12345678
Check it out & if you enjoy the videos please Like & Subscribe!
Spuds
Solanum tuberosum

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Tanks: 10gal- Shrimp, betta, otto

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 01:10:43 PM »

First thing is test the water. Once water quality is ruled out it might be an internal problem....

I had a sick ADF with internal problems and he did exactly what yours is doing, kept on floating.... Then he blew up like a balloon so i figured he might have bloat.. fed him some pea/garlic/bloodworm mix and over time he got better. I also increased water changes...

Its hard to know most of the time whats wrong with them. Are the frogs new? how strong is the filter...? most filters should be able to keep a ADF in place.

FishKeeper

Tanks: 40g African Cichlid Tank, 30g Tropical Tank, 5g ADF tank

Loving Life

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 06:16:23 PM »

First thing is test the water. Once water quality is ruled out it might be an internal problem....

I had a sick ADF with internal problems and he did exactly what yours is doing, kept on floating.... Then he blew up like a balloon so i figured he might have bloat.. fed him some pea/garlic/bloodworm mix and over time he got better. I also increased water changes...

Its hard to know most of the time whats wrong with them. Are the frogs new? how strong is the filter...? most filters should be able to keep a ADF in place.

The frog passed away Sad... filteris bot strong,., and my other adf is fine... It was paralyzed and would just float... Lifl really wierd and i couldnt do nothing ... I did a 50% water change too ... It didnt help

Youtube Channel: http://m.youtube.com/#/user/MegaJavier12345678
Check it out & if you enjoy the videos please Like & Subscribe!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation