Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

November 15, 2018, 06:57:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: black mystery snails  (Read 8563 times)
Karen
Professor
Senior Staff

United States United States

Tanks: 450 pacu community, 70 tropical community, 125 tropical community 70 coldwater community, 30 shell dwelling cichlids

I wish I was a fish!

« on: December 05, 2014, 09:09:53 AM »

Found a small container of cold water containing 4 black mystery snails in my classroom sink yesterday morning.  Note on it says "Mrs. Cryan, my name is *(&*&^&(^, and I want you to have these in your aquarium."  Thank you.

I can't read the name.  I Have NO IDEA who left me snails!!!!  I sniffed them all, none stink.  Ok, plopped them into my 125 gallon tank and hoped they warmed up.  I put some spinach in for them this morning, and they are munching away on it.

Anyone know of any reason to not have 4 black mystery snails in a 125 that contains cory cats, a horse faced loach, 2 angels, black skirt tetras and lemon tetras? 

I already saw an MTS riding on top of one.  I had to laugh cuz all I could imagine was the MTS yelling "WOAH, slow down there big fella!"

Did the secret snail thing just come true.. I now have snails from my secret snail?

Put me back out to sea to play with the fishies...I don't belong on land!  [img width= height= alt=SmileyCentral.com" border="0]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/25/25_7_20.gif[/img]
russ
Whoa. Where did I put all my stuff?
Administrator
Obsessed Member

I know where rasaqua's stuff is.....

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 05:50:58 PM »

lol

"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)
Wheels on the Bus
Hamster- the other white meat.

Sanctimonious Chicken

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 07:40:59 PM »

That's funny. 🐌 You enjoy your snails. Is your loach a type that likes to eat snails?

Karen
Professor
Senior Staff

Tanks: 450 pacu community, 70 tropical community, 125 tropical community 70 coldwater community, 30 shell dwelling cichlids

I wish I was a fish!

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 05:27:39 PM »

The idea of that little loach eating those big snails is funny.  Horse faced loaches are about the size of half a pencil.  Little skinny things.

Put me back out to sea to play with the fishies...I don't belong on land!  [img width= height= alt=SmileyCentral.com" border="0]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/25/25_7_20.gif[/img]
Belinda

Tanks: 90 gallon,2x75 gallon,55 gallon, 2x50 gallon; and shall we say a few more.. always growing always changing.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 09:49:01 PM »

LOL... they will love that tank...maybe you will find eggs clutches one day.

and ...It wasn't me............ biggrin

It took 7 days for God to create this world...
So how long will it take for me to create the perfect tank???
Karen
Professor
Senior Staff

I wish I was a fish!

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 04:07:25 PM »

2 of the 4 snails are now dead?????

I wish I knew why?

I am feeding them spinach, cucumber and lettuce.  Anyone go any better ideas, they don't really eat much.

Pat Mary

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 05:43:18 PM »

http://www.badmanstropicalfish.com/forum/index.php?topic=6317.0

Will that help?

When in doubt, do a water change.
Karen
Professor
Senior Staff

I wish I was a fish!

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 11:02:52 AM »

I read that already, but thanks.

Pat Mary

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 08:40:34 PM »

Sorry, Karen.  I thought you might have read it but you didn't mention it so I posted that thread just in case.  There were actual recipes on there. 

I never thought there would be recipes for snail food but, as they say, you learn something new each day.   nerd

When in doubt, do a water change.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's