Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

November 17, 2018, 11:38:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghost Shrimp With Eggs?  (Read 3087 times)
FishLover123
« on: February 22, 2015, 03:25:50 PM »

I just went to petsmart to buy some shrimp and snails because my snails and shrimp died. I noticed two of my shrimp have eggs under their stomach. Is there anything I need to know? The one with lots of eggs is really large. Is this something I should be concerned about?
russ
Whoa. Where did I put all my stuff?
Administrator
Obsessed Member

United States United States

I know where rasaqua's stuff is.....

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 08:56:03 PM »

The first concern would be how and why your other shrimp and snails died. The second would be let nature take it's course. Some will probably survive and the others will become live food for your other fishes.

"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)
FishLover123
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 09:08:40 AM »

I'm not sure how my first shrimp died, it just turned white and died. I put my other shrimp in my Betas tank and it lived for a few more weeks than died. Just last night two of my new shrimp died. The water looked foggy so I'm doing a water change today. It might be the rock that's in there....bubbles came from it and it seems like it was made out of some kind of sand/salt? I'm taking it out and  switching it for other fake plants just to be safe. The two shrimp with eggs seem fine and the other shrimp, besides the two dead ones, are doing great. Will the shrimp keep breeding after the eggs have hatched? Thanks for replying! Smiley
FishLover123
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 09:13:19 AM »

Oh yes and I think the snails had a temperature shock because they accidentally fell out of the bag when I was transferring them so my beta would have a "cleaner". They were a month or two old anyway...anything else I need to know?
Pat Mary

United States United States

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 10:10:49 AM »

Please, please don't buy any more critters.  You have a 1 quart and a 1 gallon bowl for your bettas and a 5 gallon for your platys and neons.  There is no more room in the betta bowls for any other living creature so the shrimp and snail will have to go into your 5 gallon.  That tank is not stocked in the best way either. 

The best thing that you can do is concentrate on getting a bigger tank.  You do not have to wait and buy everything at the same time.  In the beginning, all you will need will be a tank and filter.  You can get the other stuff later.  Pet Smart has a 20 gallon on sale until the beginning of March for about $28.

You said the water looked foggy.  Have you tested it?  What are your readings?

When in doubt, do a water change.
FishLover123
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 02:11:00 PM »

I will test it. My 1 gallon beta tank is the foggy one. I'm doing a water change right after this post. I know. I shouldn't have bought the platys. :(I'm going to start working right now to get some more money. Maybe I'll go and shovel our neighbors driveways. Smiley Thanks for the advice everyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation