Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

May 26, 2017, 07:56:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: motor head wont shut on marineland c220  (Read 2705 times)
Dylan

Tanks: 10g shrimp tank, 29g community, and 46g bowfront currently being stocked

« on: June 11, 2015, 10:09:13 PM »

I run a marineland c220 on my 29g and the other day I was trying to put the media in the top filter tray. Took the tray out, put filter pad in, and now for whatever reason the motor head will not lock back onto the filter without leaking. I should mention that I didn't have anything in this tray beforehand thus I didn't have the lid on.

I am almost positive it has something to do with the "media securing plate" or whatever they call the lid on that top tray. Also I am missing one or 2 of the gaskets that go on the pipe of each tray. Those have been missing for some time though, and I've ran that top tray with lid in the filter while the rubber seals were missing before and not had this problem. For now I'm just running the top tray in with no media and no lid.  So if any of you have any idea as what to do, I'd greatly appreciate some help.

Thanks.

aquariums are my only medication wishin\' my condition ain\'t ever gonna go away.
curve

I LOVE MY BULLDOG

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 06:24:38 PM »

Are all the trays facing the same direction?  How old is the canister?  How often do you open the canister?
russ
Whoa. Where did I put all my stuff?
Administrator
Obsessed Member

United States United States

I know where rasaqua's stuff is.....

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 10:15:55 PM »

Check to make sure the intake tubes lineup in the upper right hand corner when stacking the trays. There should also be an O-ring that is on the bio media tube. Can't remember if there are any other small O-rings for the other basket tubes. I think there may be two. The link below is an image of the gasket kit for the C220 and C-160.

http://cdn.spectrumbrands.com/~/media/UPG/Marineland/Products/Parts/PR11942.ashx

I forgot ask....exactly where is the leak?

* No color image.jpg (2.99 KB, 76x70 - viewed 185 times.)

"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)
Dylan

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 10:22:59 AM »

all of the trays are facing the same direction with the intake tubes lined up. the canister is about 1 1/2 years old. I would guess I open it somewhere around once a month (because I don't have fine filter pads that need changed/rinsed regularly).

I am missing some of the medium sized O-rings (the ones that are in the group of 4). I looked at ordering the gasket kit but they were out of stock at a couple different places I checked. I am able to shut it with the lid on but water sprays out of the left side of the canister when I do.

aquariums are my only medication wishin\' my condition ain\'t ever gonna go away.
russ
Whoa. Where did I put all my stuff?
Administrator
Obsessed Member

United States United States

I know where rasaqua's stuff is.....

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 07:36:49 PM »

It appears the main seal may need replacing.

"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)
Dylan

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 12:36:44 PM »

ok. well I'll order a gasket kit as soon as I can.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation