Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

June 28, 2017, 12:28:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My goldfish this summer  (Read 2321 times)
karlsmom

United States United States

Tanks: 75 gallon with 4 giant danios, 1 cory, 1 ruby barb, 4 kuhli loaches, 1 bristle nose pleco, 4 goldfish in 150 gallon stock tank pond

« on: June 14, 2015, 08:56:07 AM »

My pond doesn't look as pretty this year, can't figure out why.  Bought my plants from the same place, maybe it was our late, cool spring.  The little guy is Ember.  The calico is Sparkle III, the oranda is Bugsy Magoo.  The single tail came in as an egg or fry in the plants last year.  His name is Flame.

“There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.”—Nathaniel Branden
Spuds
Solanum tuberosum

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Tanks: 10gal- Shrimp, betta, otto

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 12:13:14 PM »

Great to see goldfish in a pond !!!! Plants should come around once they settle....

Karen
Professor
Senior Staff
Obsessed Member

Tanks: 450 pacu community, 70 tropical community, 125 tropical community 70 coldwater community, 30 shell dwelling cichlids

I wish I was a fish!

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 10:55:39 AM »

I wish I had a goldfish pond, looks great to me!

Put me back out to sea to play with the fishies...I don't belong on land!  SmileyCentral.com" border="0
Cyneah

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 03:17:02 PM »

We've been debating for years about putting in a pond in our back yard.  I would like to have some border plants, water fall and at least 3 feet deep by 3 feet wide in the center.  Maybe 10 by 10 total.  We live in Indiana.  Could the gold fish winter over ok in the pond if we had a floating heater?  Everyone seems to think so if it's deep enough in the center, but I thought I would ask the fish people their opinion.  Pond people may think differently.
Thanks,
Cindy
karlsmom

Tanks: 75 gallon with 4 giant danios, 1 cory, 1 ruby barb, 4 kuhli loaches, 1 bristle nose pleco, 4 goldfish in 150 gallon stock tank pond

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 05:14:47 PM »

My guys survived just fine last winter in their 150 above ground Rubbermaid stock tank.  We live in southern Indiana.  I kept their Pondmaster 190 filter without the fountain attachment (just the pipe attachment) going all winter.  It did freeze over a couple of times, but not long enough to hurt them.

“There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.”—Nathaniel Branden
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation