Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

August 22, 2019, 12:47:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Female Bettas in 20 Gallon Tank?  (Read 2433 times)
FishLover123
« on: July 01, 2015, 05:52:36 PM »

Hi again! I have my heart set on some female bettas, saw a beautiful halfmoon at my LFS. It was a white with aqua sides and a pink tail. I have lots of plants and the aquarium salt helped clear away some of the fogginess. Also, would it be better if I had other fish, or just the bettas? Thanks for the info! Smiley

* photo.JPG (395.86 KB, 1296x968 - viewed 286 times.)
FishLover123
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 12:32:35 AM »

I've been researching for at least 2 1/2 hours. I like the idea of a school of 7-10 cherry barbs and 3 female bettas. Does the breed of betta matter? I love halfmoons and crowntails. Any advice is appreciated!
FishLover123
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 03:34:54 AM »

Why am I still awake?! Anyway, I'm concerned that someone might purchase the betta before I do so I decided to temporarily place the betta in a 1 gallon tank and when my tank is cycled to add her in. Now I better go to sleep, or you know what might happen if I don't(I'll be like this Angry)... innocent
russ
Whoa. Where did I put all my stuff?
Administrator
Obsessed Member

United States United States

I know where rasaqua's stuff is.....

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 07:16:14 AM »

That is a very nice looking aquarium. Can you tell me the name of the plants you have in there? It is set up very nice.

"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)
Karen
Professor
Senior Staff

United States United States

Tanks: 450 pacu community, 70 tropical community, 125 tropical community 70 coldwater community, 30 shell dwelling cichlids

I wish I was a fish!

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 07:43:52 AM »

Tail shapes are not "breeds" of betta, they are just tail shapes.  Its like orange cats vs black cats, they are still just cats.

Put me back out to sea to play with the fishies...I don't belong on land!  [img width= height= alt=SmileyCentral.com" border="0]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/25/25_7_20.gif[/img]
FishLover123
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 09:16:13 AM »

Thank you! I was not sure if cherry barbs would possibly nip the betta's fins if they were longer. I am planning to go to my LFS today. I REALLY want that betta!!! Smiley
Russ, The plants are all fake. I got the tall one that floats on top at Petsmart for $13. The fern plant is from Jacks Pets(I don't remember the price).
FishLover123
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 12:23:05 PM »

That specific betta was not there, but I did find another beautiful halfmoon female. I named her Uranus, because I've had fish named Mercury, Pluto, and Neptune. Next fish is going to be named Dove, because my betta that died of dropsy was named Ivory, after the soap brand. I love the marking on her head. Smiley She's going to be kept in a quart(I know, it's EXTREMELY small), for a couple weeks with our neighbors, when I'm away in Alaska. Hopefully by then my tank will be close to cycled and I can transfer her to the 20 gallon. Neptune saw Uranus and started flaring, his color is much brighter and his fins are spread.  jolly1

* IMG_2086.JPG (27.54 KB, 320x240 - viewed 284 times.)

* IMG_2089.JPG (37.01 KB, 320x240 - viewed 282 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation