Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

March 22, 2017, 05:10:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Evil one strikes again  (Read 2001 times)
Tinker

Australia Australia

Tanks: 170G Red Devil, 63G Rainbow & Gourami Tank, 38G Patoti grow out, 20G long Betta Smaragdina Tank, 40G Betta Patoti pair, 8G Red Cherry Shrimp Tank

« on: August 05, 2015, 07:59:09 PM »

So for those of you who don't know Red she is my nearly 9 year old Red Devil of which she certainly is a devil.
About 6 months ago I moved some baby apple snails into her aquarium she moved them around and would stack them into piles or store them in her helicopter cave but most days left them alone. Red isn't good at friends so I was happy she could have some friends and little janitors to clean up after her and her appalling table manners.
So we moved at the end of March and she now resides outside in her tank and so I don't have eyes on her when doing housework etc. I actually go out to her frequently during the day and interact with her and check she hasn't damaged anything.
Well her apple snails have grown to full size and have been doing a good job. Yesterday I came outside Red did not notice me coming and I saw with dismay her suck a snail out of it shell and eat it  uhoh Red doesn't really care for live food she just kills them and spits them out, but she does love to eat earthworms and it seems snails are to her liking as well. She then noticed me and came up to the glass as usual happy to see me with the occasional warning of no your in my territory now smashing the glass, gnashing the teeth.

So again Red has no friends and 10 snails lost their lives there one day gone the next I feel awful for the snails I would never of left them in there if I thought she would eat them. Seems once they got big they peeked her interest and she must of tasted one and found them to her liking and had a feast.

So after 9 years she still is a naughty little so and so. I love her though would I get another one NO but would I have changed my mind to get her if I knew all the things she would do? Probably not I just wouldn't of put snails in her tank.

Always willing to learn
Pat Mary

United States United States

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 08:47:16 PM »

I am in constant awe of that fish, Tink.  From her love of her helicopter to her hatred of other living things, she never ceases to amaze me.  I think she is as intelligent as any dog if not more so.  Sort of scary even.  I love hearing stories about her. Smiley

When in doubt, do a water change.
rasaqua
Make room for more stuff

United States United States

I know where Russ's stuff is.

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 10:30:48 PM »

Oh my. Red got a hold of a French cook book!

When one can't explain things simply, they just don't really understand it.
Tinker

Australia Australia

Tanks: 170G Red Devil, 63G Rainbow & Gourami Tank, 38G Patoti grow out, 20G long Betta Smaragdina Tank, 40G Betta Patoti pair, 8G Red Cherry Shrimp Tank

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 11:01:06 PM »

Lol Rasaqua  rofl I did think about the French thing of eating snails.

Yeah she is a bit too intelligent and full of personality Pat Mary. She seems to be better entertained out there though Im not sure how well she sees but she can see birds from her tank and Jade (dog) and her have started the chasey game again. Jade runs up and down the outside of the tank and Red chases her she usually splashes water out of her tank to get Jades attention I was like  jaw when I saw her do it and Jade run up and start running backwards and forwards.

Always willing to learn
Muffuletta

Tanks: See tank list.

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 11:32:45 PM »

As long as she is not conspiring with the cat, it is good.
Tinker

Australia Australia

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 01:41:43 AM »

rofl no the cats don't get along with Red at all. Both cats had a bad experience with her in the other house.

Always willing to learn
Cyneah

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 06:05:56 AM »

I would love to see a picture of Red!
Cindy
Tinker

Australia Australia

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 08:36:36 AM »

I have these 2 photos that show her best she isn't always co operative with the camera or me.

* 20140828_203948-picsay.jpg (79.87 KB, 600x450 - viewed 230 times.)

* 20140828_203925-picsay.jpg (65.73 KB, 600x450 - viewed 232 times.)

Always willing to learn
Cyneah

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 11:42:26 AM »

She is beautiful!  You can see the look of mischief in her eyes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation