Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

September 22, 2017, 10:43:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 gallon?  (Read 1810 times)
Angeliccreature

United States United States

« on: August 13, 2015, 03:24:53 PM »

can I stock cichlids in my tank?

if so what kind? fish09
Karen
Professor
Senior Staff
Obsessed Member

Tanks: 450 pacu community, 70 tropical community, 125 tropical community 70 coldwater community, 30 shell dwelling cichlids

I wish I was a fish!

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 05:15:33 PM »

What else lives in your tank?  A 15 is pretty small, there aren't many cichlids that could go in there, but there are a few.

Put me back out to sea to play with the fishies...I don't belong on land!  SmileyCentral.com" border="0
gunnered72

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Tanks: 240, 100, 70, 50, 30, 30, 25 Litres

Theres more water than air in here :P

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 08:40:12 PM »

Any of the Apistogrammas or Rams..Dicrossus Species..Kribensis..Nanacaras..Nanochromis Species..

Basically any dwarf cichlids but no more than a pair in that size tank..

You could also do a Shellie tank of Multifaciatus..A small colony of about 10 maybe..That would be taking you into the world of Tangyanikan Cichlids..

Just beware of any cichlids (including all the dwarfs) that decide to breed..They can be very mean to other fish when it comes to protecting their babies..To avoid this keep single specimens of individual species..

My personal favourite is the Dicrossus Wazerli..They are a relatively new species and rare and i managed to get my hands on a pair recently..They werent cheap either lol but so worth it..Heres hoping for new babies :p

I love to hate Water Changes! :P
russ
Whoa. Where did I put all my stuff?
Administrator
Obsessed Member

I know where rasaqua's stuff is.....

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 10:53:48 PM »

"You could also do a Shellie tank of Multifaciatus..A small colony of about 10 maybe"

Hmmm. That would be a very big maybe indeed. Maybe 2 pr in a 20 long. 1 pair for the footprint of a 15 gal. I would nix the Kribensis also. Gunnered does have a good recommendation on the little shell dwellers though. There is a fairly good selection of them to choose from. Many will require some large empty snail shells in their tank. Multies do not really need shells. A couple of flat rocks in the tank will do. They are very good little engineers and will figure it out to suit their needs.

"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)
Aquatics

India India

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 04:58:31 AM »

I'm fairly new to keeping fish, as I only have been keeping betta fish for the past 6 months and they seem to be striving in their setups. I have a 5 gallon tank with one male in it, and two separate 3 gallon tanks that also are homes to one male each. So I currently only own 3 fish. However I've been wanting to get a larger aquarium and try other sorts of fish. I got my eye on 15 gallon column aquarium.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation