Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

September 19, 2017, 09:15:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An exciting and fun problem! Stocking ideas for larger tanks  (Read 6482 times)
bettagirl25

United States United States

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2016, 06:18:13 AM »

If I had a 210 gallon...(never gonna happen cause of space but omg...I wish!) I am thinking a setup of diamond tetra ,harlequin rasaboras ,a pair of electric blue ram ciclids,a pair of gourami and for the main centerpiece of the tank two mystus lechophosis (aka the giant upsidedown black Asian catfish) though might not be such a good idea with their tendency to eat anything smaller than they are.However my choices still stand for the most part both on color and ease of care.Also thinking maybe a few Indian glass fish as well.There's plenty of color and for the most part everyone gets along with everyone.

Good grief just typing that is making me miss our local fish store BIG time.That's where I first saw the electric blue rams and the diamond tetra and utterly fell in love.Looks like a trip is in my future  Wink
russ
Whoa. Where did I put all my stuff?
Administrator
Obsessed Member

I know where rasaqua's stuff is.....

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2016, 11:38:17 AM »

I'm not sure if those cats would make a good 'center piece' type of fish. About 30 Diamond Tetras would fit that bill much better.  happy

* No color image.jpg (2.99 KB, 76x70 - viewed 71 times.)

"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)
superfish

Taiwan Taiwan

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2016, 08:00:21 AM »

Oh! A great tank, hope to see its pictures. I love to see schools of fish in a large tank.

bettagirl25

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2016, 03:50:32 AM »

Good point when I reread over that post I could kick myself.Part of it is I absolutely adore the one superpap has and anymore she's come to like me whenever I am over visiting.I'm currently hunting around for one more tank on the cheap;can't have anything bigger than really a 75 because we live in a trailer and mom is scared if I have too many tanks I'll end up making the floor cave or something.

Yeah I am the kind of person if I had my way I would have at least 1 tank in every room of the house be it saltwater or freshwater.So I tend to debate the what works with what a lot and I am also looking to restock my 55 myself(down to one angelfish and two serape tetras)Before I had two koi in that tank with a few others everyone got along well with everyone.I still suspect they were a mated pair.One silver and one gold koi.I was constantly checking water levels and keeping a sharp eye out for any sign of disease.Mind these fish were 16 bucks each but when I saw them swimming together I didn't have the heart to seperate them.

Then one morning I woke up and out of the blue the female silver was dead.Her mate went within 48 hours after I truly think from a broken heart.Wish I had gotten some pics of the two of them.They were what made me start to think really deeply into what fish would make good centerpieces for a tank.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation