Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

February 23, 2019, 05:17:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My tanks  (Read 1268 times)
Cyclonenat

New Zealand New Zealand

« on: March 28, 2016, 03:21:15 PM »

Hi i am Natalie i am new to fish keeping here are my 2 fish tanks one is a 20-25l hexagon tank and the other is 70-75l tank

My 20-25L hexagon so far has a betta in it and am wondering if i can put a few neons and a bristlenose in there

My 70-75L tank it has 2 pearl gouramis 2 cories 2 danios 1 bristlenose and 2 guppies
Pat Mary

United States United States

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 05:00:33 PM »

I think in gallons so your 20-25l is 5-6 gallons and your 70-75l is about 18-19 gallons.  

The smaller tank is fully stocked at one betta.  You might be able to get a couple of shrimp in there but no more than 2 in my opinion.

Your larger tank is too small for what you have.  The Pearl Gouramis alone belong in about a 29 gallon tank (which is about 110l).  There are many species of danio so we would have to know what species you have to see what size tank they need.  We will also need to know what species of cories you have.  But, regardless, danios and cories are both schooling species.  That means that you need at least 6 individuals of each one to give them some semblance of schools.

My advice to you would be to return all of the fish in the 70-75l to the shop.  Then, research fish that you have interest in.  Get some fish that can live in your size tank.

By, the way, Welcome to Badman's, Natalie.  Smiley

When in doubt, do a water change.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation