Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

November 23, 2017, 12:28:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: slowly restocking my 15  (Read 1216 times)
Dtroup

United States United States

« on: April 02, 2016, 11:28:12 PM »

I have a 15 gal tank that we set up about 5 years ago with Endlers, long story short I was down to a single female. She seemed bored and lonely and the tank was getting kinda thick with algae so I bought a dozen young glass shrimp and added them. She perked up a bit and became more active which is a good thing. The other day I ask my daughter to pick me up a few ottos, the store was out of them so she got my second choice some corys. She brought back 2 peppered, a Julie and an albino. After acclimating them I released them and one of the shrimp decided to pick on the Julie, sneaking up from behind and going after it's tail. Has anyone else had this happen before? I do intend to get a few more of each type because they like to live in groups and some more Endlers but this is my first experience with the shrimp. Is this something they do regularly or an isolated incident? The shrimp have only been in the tank about 2 weeks.
russ
Whoa. Where did I put all my stuff?
Administrator
Obsessed Member

I know where rasaqua's stuff is.....

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 08:03:18 PM »

I believe that it would be rare indeed for a Ghost shrimp to purposely harass a Cory. Because both critters basically inhabit the same substrate, they can get in each other's way so-to-speak. Ghost shrimp do not individually represent a significant bio load, but additional corys will. Especially within a 15 gallon aquarium. A few more Endlers should be ok, but I would not recommend any more corys. If you had a larger aquarium, say 30 gal long, then I would suggest a few more of one of the cory species you have.

* No color image.jpg (2.99 KB, 76x70 - viewed 128 times.)

"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)
The Dave

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 01:06:37 PM »

by glass shrimp do you mean ghost shrimp. if so I have never heard of this. Shrimp are normally very peaceful. Was your fish sick, and the shrimp very hungry ? weird.
fishsupplyguide

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 06:54:20 PM »

Glass and ghost seem to be used interchangeably, but yes they are the same thing.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation