Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

December 17, 2017, 06:28:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Gallon ADF Tank  (Read 2110 times)
Blue Eyes
« on: May 22, 2016, 03:55:38 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I have a 10 gallon heated and filtered tank with gravel, lots of silk plants, and currently two hides. I plan to get some small terra cotta pots once I add anything else to the tank. I have two African dwarf frogs at the moment. I want to add two more ADF and something else. Maybe some guppies or other small colorful fish or an algae eater or a few ghost shrimp. Thoughts on what I should add?
Pat Mary

United States United States

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 04:10:21 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Here is a link to give you some ideas of what can be kept in a 10 gallon tank.  Just remember that it is not as large as you think.  Smiley

http://www.badmanstropicalfish.com/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=11184.0

When in doubt, do a water change.
Blue Eyes
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 04:19:08 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I have a betta already in another tank with a snail so I would really like something else for my tank. I want to add two more ADF and hopefully something else other than another betta.
Pat Mary

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 04:54:44 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Did  you read the link that I gave you?

Blue Eyes
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 05:27:39 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yes I read the whole article. However it doesn't really give any info on ADF other than with a betta. As far as the other options go it doesn't give any info on how that would affect the ADF or anything about their compatibility. I've looked into different kinds of fish and their suitability in a 10 gallon tank but wouldn't this all change with the ADF in the tank?
Pat Mary

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 05:36:17 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Here is a profile for the ADF.     http://www.badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile99.html

If you want us to tell you exactly what to keep with them, we won't do that.  It all depends on your taste.

Blue Eyes
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 06:06:37 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I don't want anyone to tell me exactly what to put in my tank. I came here for advice as to what options would be best for my 10 gallon tank with ADF. I know there are lots of fish that are a possibility and each have their pros and cons. Yes what I put in my tank is up to my taste but I feel strongly that compatibility and also a suitable number is most important in a tank as I'm sure everyone here agrees. I am new to ADF in a 10 gallon tank. I have a 5 gallon tank with two lovely ADF in my classroom at work. They have been thriving for 2 years now Smiley I want to enjoy these little frogs at home too in my 10 gallon tank with some kind of tank mate(s). Please advise me on what would be best with 4 ADF.
Mishellfish
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 01:44:48 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

How about honey gourami or sparkling goramis they are gentle and interesting I don't much about the adfs though just an idea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation