Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

May 24, 2017, 12:37:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: angel infighting  (Read 1043 times)
blucanary

United States United States

« on: July 20, 2016, 04:06:59 AM »

I started out with four juvenile ~2in silver angelfish in a 100 gallon tank.  two had paired up, and they were getting along well, until one ( not in the pair) died last month.  following this, the pair became very aggressive towards the singleton, and tore off half of its dorsal fin before I intervened and placed it in a pond for safety (i live in Indonesia, so the pond is the right temperature, but is only 14 inches tall).  Is there any way I can safely reintroduce the singleton, or failing that, what is the most humane way of euthanising it? (I inherited these fish from someone who was moving away, and I don't know of anyone who could adopt it.)
The angels are all about 4.5 in long and 7-8 in tall right now.
TwoTankAmin

Tanks: 20- from 5.5 to 150 gals.

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 11:35:54 AM »

You show no specific location within the states. It is possible you can find local folks in a fish club who might take it. You may be able to post on sites known to be good for posting this sort of thing and finding help in a specific geographic area. Where are you?

Please do not kill the fish, there should be better options available that can be found without a lot of effort. That size angel should be in demand in most places.

You can start by looking here: http://www.theangelfishsociety.org/

if you are willing to give the fish away and let people pick it up, these two forums USA wide members and have pretty active forsale/wanted sub-forums:
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/
http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.” Daniel Patrick Moynihan
blucanary

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 07:01:38 PM »

I live in indonesia right now
I'll see if I can find anyone to adopt it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman