Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

March 25, 2017, 04:35:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eheim professional 4+ 600 or JBL cristalprofi e1501?  (Read 235 times)
kromagg

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: January 23, 2017, 02:57:02 AM »

As in title.

Currently I have fluval u4 on 4ft long aquarium. I have roughly 50% stock. I want add more cardinal tetra ( double it) and few more guppy. I have eheim 2217 in my other tank and I love it. It's almost silent and requires near no maintenance. I read JBL ARE silent.. Can't find anything about eheim pro 4.. Are they same as pro 3? (Notorious for gasket leaks). This canister will be in open, next to stand. Possibly I will still keep u4 along it.

Any intel greatly appreciated.
russ
Whoa. Where did I put all my stuff?
Administrator
Obsessed Member

United States United States

I know where rasaqua's stuff is.....

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 08:31:17 AM »

Depending on your tank size and turning water over at a minimum of 5 times per hour, The Eheim Pro 3 will easily handle a 90 gal tank with good standard stocking (meaning not all bigger fish only). The Eheim Pro 4 will do the same for a 50 gallon tank. I would opt for the higher flow filter of the Pro3. Something just feels 'fishy' about a filter with an "Xtender button". Not familiar with the JBL filter.

* No color image.jpg (2.99 KB, 76x70 - viewed 36 times.)

"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)
Amp2020

United States United States

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 09:21:01 AM »

No experiences with either filter but I have a suggestion. I keep my canister filters in buckets to catch any spills and leaks. Also, I have a water sensor in each bucket to notify me of any leaks. I have hardwood floors and can't risk having even a small leak. In a previous house there was a leak and it cost several thousand dollars to have the floors torn up and replaced. We went on vacation and I did a water change the day before we left. There was a slow leak that I didn't catch before leaving the house and after a week it ruined our living room floor. Tip, check to see if your insurance covers flood damage from aquarium leaks. Most will not cover it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation