Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

May 29, 2017, 08:30:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding More fish to my tank  (Read 249 times)
Jester

United States United States

« on: February 07, 2017, 10:11:15 AM »

I posted A tank on the community tank page just to get An idea if more fish can be added to my tank the results kind of what I expected.I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas on another fish I can add to my current set-up

I currently have A 65 gallon tank (3ft version)
PH 7.2
sand substrate
filter is an aquatop cf400uv
tank is consistently around 75 degrees
moderately to heavy planted tank amazon swords,watersprites,one large Crypt one very tall rotella

not sure if you need more info

What I have now is

(14) diamond tetras
(12) black ruby barbs

all between 2-3"

(1) rainbow shark about 1 1/2"

I noted that I had 12 gold barbs on the community tank page which is not true just to get an opinion if this would be overstocked which came back yes as I thought

any thoughts on what else I can safely add to this mix that would not upset the balance of my tank and at the same time not overcrowd me I know I have room for A little bit more but not much.

Thank-you

Amp2020

United States United States

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 09:08:30 AM »

IMO, there's still plenty of room for small fish. The shark may cause some trouble if you want to add peaceful slow moving fish.

If this was my tank, I'd add two bristlenose plecos, small group of cory catfish, some top swimmers such as dannios or killifish, or maybe some rainbowfish. If you get schooling fish, then you're less likely to overcrowd the tank since they like being in large groups. But be careful of water parameters. The pH might crash if you're not carefully testing on a regular basis. Obviously you don't want to add too many fish at one time. Or it could cause an ammonia spike and make all the fish sick. Just take it slow, observe the tank for signs of stress and test often.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation