Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

April 30, 2017, 01:47:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jumping Back in with Both Feet- More Altums  (Read 240 times)
TwoTankAmin

United States United States

Tanks: 20- from 5.5 to 150 gals.

« on: March 27, 2017, 05:30:43 PM »

I lost most of my altums a couple of years back as the result of breaking a hip. I was down to two for the past half year. U was unable to decide if O shluld find them a new owner or should I be crazy and ramp back some. Well the title of the thread says it all. I picked up 7 new decent sized altum angels today on my way back from a long weekend visiting friends in Delaware.

Right now with the two larger ones i have they are all in too small a tank for that many for any amount of time. Hopefully, this will motivate me to start a long planned but never implemented plan to have the altums in the 150 and the clown loaches in the unused 125 with its huge sump. The clowns got parked in the 150 when their 75 leaked.....

The problem is that 125 and sump are blocked by a temporary pair of tanks, a 50 over a 40b that were set up temporarily close to three years ago. I would love to procrastinate about getting this big tank set up, but I keep putting it off.....

So all I have to do is take down the 50 with a ton of plants, 9 redline barbs, a few rummy nose, about 65 amanos and who know how many assassin snails. I can park some of it in the in-wall 75 which was just emptied of fish. But where to put the 40b with its 30+ L236 growing out, I have no clue. In about 2 months I can put it outside on the screen terrace but that means nothing happens for 2 months. There is no place indoors I can set up another tank. Sad

I can see I am going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat (or 32 plecos out of a tank) ....  Does anybody know fish magic?

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.” Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation