Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

June 28, 2017, 02:16:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Oscar Tankmates  (Read 148 times)
Moni
« on: June 08, 2017, 10:42:55 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi,
I have an adult oscar in a 250L (about 70 gallons) aquarium. I was wondering if anyone knows of any suitable tankmates for an oscar in a tank this size.
He's on the smaller side (8-9 inches), and I don't think he'll be growing much bigger because he's almost four years old now. He will eat literally anything that fits in his moth (as Oscars are wont to do), but he's a scaredy-cat around anything larger. For instance, I once tried to feed him an earthworm that was a bit too big and he hid in the corner of the tank until I took it out :P
So, all in all, I'm looking for a tankmate(s) that's large enough to not get eaten, but small and placid enough to live comfortably in a 250L with an oscar.
Thanks!
russ
Whoa. Where did I put all my stuff?
Administrator
Obsessed Member

United States United States

I know where rasaqua's stuff is.....

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 07:47:25 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Did your Oscar have any previous tank mates? (Besides a large earthworm). It might be a bit late to introduce another tank mate. 70 gals is really a suitable size for your Oscar by himself. Do you like bigger fish or could you get by with a 20 gal aquarium with several different smaller fish?

* No color image.jpg (2.99 KB, 76x70 - viewed 21 times.)

"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)
Moni
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 08:11:40 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

He was in with a bristlenose Pleco for about 6 months when I first got him, and they got along fine, but he was a lot smaller then. I think he'd probably be able to eat a bristlenose now, or at least try to
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation