Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

September 23, 2017, 02:35:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Angelfish with ulcers/white spots  (Read 426 times)
Tkmlinus

« on: May 04, 2017, 08:11:35 PM »

(Sorry if this is a double post, I ran into an error and couldn't see it after initially posting)
Tank Size:65G

Filtration (include media types i.e. activated carbon, floss, etc):Cascade Penn Plax 700, Running with Fluval pre-filter media, floss, then Seachem Matrix (this is a new filter set up in mid March, ran it at the same time as old filter for 2 weeks to develop BB, then removed old filter)

How long has your tank been set up:3 years

Using a liquid reagent test kit, please provide the following:

Ammonia:0
Nitrites:0
Nitrates:between 0-10mg/l
PH:7.8/8.0

Temperature:80 F

Substrate: Gravel(about 1.5 inches deep)

Décor/Live or fake plants: Mixed

Maintenance (water changes-how much, how often, vacuum, etc):Bi weekly(sometimes every third week) 20% water change with light gravel vacuum

Dechlorinator:Prime

Who lives in your tank? Include a  listing of inhabitants, feeding schedule, and how long they have had the inhabitants. Angelfish(2 years), 1 guppy, 6 Bronze cory, 1 Julii cory, 1 albino bristlenose pleco (1.5 years for rest)

What symptoms are being exhibited and when did they start: small white spot on side noticed about 2 weeks ago. Second spot appeared and initial spot is getting bigger, it can be seen in the picture. 3 days ago noticed a dark red ulcer on base of pectoral fin, sorry about the quality of the picture of it, that was the best one I could get, it has a few red spots on the sore.

I have done 3 water changes(about 20%) in the past three days and did a really deep vacuum of the substrate. Not too sure what to do, any advice would be appreciated. I plan on doing another water change tomorrow. Thanks in advance for your help, this forum has been a great help with any problems I have run into.

* Pectoral Fin.jpeg (46.69 KB, 864x1440 - viewed 38 times.)

* Side Spot.jpg (120.87 KB, 768x1280 - viewed 43 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation