Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

November 19, 2017, 12:34:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Green terrors and Firemouths ?  (Read 4951 times)
Shane
« on: March 10, 2007, 07:07:45 PM »

Im not too sure but will i be able to add Firemouths in with my Green terrors, and will they be able to live together ??
jacksandoscars
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 10:25:19 PM »

Not that I'm one of the experts, but as nobody has weighed in I'll toss in my 2 cents.

Firemouths are smaller than terrors and terrors are very agressive fish. The only reason I bring size into question here is that terrors are usually kept with larger cichlids that can hold their own or by themselves. Also, firemouths are not very agressive when compared to other cichlids.

If you want firemouths I'd recommend setting up a 55 and then getting a few (I think 33 is a bit too small for even a pair).
Hoots
Ologist of the Flog
Senior Staff

Tanks: 30g platy tank; 29g gourami tank

PBITAWA

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 11:27:31 PM »

How many GT's do you have and are they in your 30gal?  Green terrors and firemouths do not belong in small tanks. 
Shane
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 06:45:17 AM »

Ive got four but being as theres a larger tank downstairs for when they do out grow me tank, will they be ok as juviniles together ?
Joel
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 05:26:24 PM »

I dont consider myself to be an expert at all, but I DONT think it is a good idea to home your green terrors and firemouths together.

Green T's when young can be kept in cichlid community but as they mature they will become more and more aggressive especially to smaller fish.

In my experience, Firemouths are best suited with Convicts, Red parrots, Severums AND Oscars... AGAIN (as mentioned previosuly) A larger tank will be needed then the 33gallon.
Firemouths arent especially aggressive - but tend to get more so during spawning. . . . They like densly planted tanks with plenty of hiding and swimming spaces...

good luck with it.

(remeber - im not an expert, its just my personal advise)

Shane
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 02:32:48 PM »

Thanks lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM