Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

December 10, 2018, 12:01:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally took the plunge - new 125 gallon  (Read 65 times)
JumboShrimp

United States United States

« on: December 05, 2018, 02:36:40 PM »

So glad I found this site ! Last aquarium I had was a 20 G long back in oh about 1976 ! Yes I am old lol. I've done a lot of online research and LFS research and saw lots of fish I'd like to have. Oscars, discus, cardinal tetras, black ghost knifefish, silver dollars, african cichlids, clown loaches, and redtail sharks. Didn't take long to rule out having them all in one tank. Went back to my memory of that old 20 G and what I liked from that tank. I had 1 silver dollar, 1 hatchetfish, 1 buenos aires tetra, 1 cory cat of unknown species, 1 tiny little pleco who became a huge fish, 1 swordtail, 1 molly, 1 angelfish, 1 kuhli loach, 1 big pearl gourami, and 2 neon tetras. I didn't know better at the time and the LFS owner who sold them all to me said they would all live happily together. Some of them lived for quite awhile but I now know that none of them were thriving. Doing it different this time. I am going to go slow and will for sure have lots more questions to ask of all you pros but here is the first. I want to have a sand substrate, lots of driftwood and rocks, and easy low light hardy plants (thinking Java Ferns, Anubas nana, Hornwort). The new tank is 72" long, an Aqueon 125 gallon. Let me know what you think of my stocking plan please.

2 Bristlenose Plecos
4 Pictus Catfish
6 Silver Dollars
8 Bolivian Rams
10 Red Eye Tetras
12 Three-lined Corydoras
14 Silver Hatchets

The fish supplier said they will all be in the 1-2" range upon purchase. I will do a fishless cycle. My first question is should I add them all at once after the cycle since they will all be so small or not. If not what ones would be best first and then later ? Yes I know silver dollars like to munch on plants but I like them and I like live plants so I'm going to give it a try. Thank you for all your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation
Badman's

Main Site Navigation