Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

July 24, 2019, 04:26:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Ghost on his tail.  (Read 1358 times)
StephenG

India India

« on: December 19, 2018, 01:59:35 AM »

Hello everyone,
This is with regards to my Ghost. Any help, opinions views and experience will be much appreciated.
Of course he's the favourite and that's what's got us really concerned. I've had him for just over a month and I get the part about his weird side or as I like to call it- his charm. Since the past 2, 3, maybe4 days I was not able to get a proper glimpse of him and wondered if something maybe wrong. I was able to see him at feeding usually. Then yesterday, I did but on his side for most of the time initially. Then when he would glide out, he didn't look up to it. Extremely lethargic, not the usual Ghost way. Like he struggled to get moving or hardly made it upwards. Primarily I noted he was vertical like a flag pole for most the time, trying to move. After his side as I mentioned earlier. On his side was while taking cover under some driftwood. 2 days ago I did give some freeze dried worms to tempt him to come out from under his cover; it didn't help. Yesterday since I noticed him, I managed to get some to him but I didn't see much enthusiasm if I may say. I have seen him this morning still vertical on his tail and swimming but not the usual Ghost swagger or glide and not interested in life. He's about 3 inches, I did a water change on Sunday with 40% here or there. It's a 40gallon or so, aquarium, I also know it's not right in terms of size for this fish...for now I do believe he will manage but I will do what needs to be done. Right now I'm concerned he's sick and I just want to do all I can to get him back to normal. He keeps disappearing on me me, true to him- in a blink of an eye and I don't see him- he kind of did that after some time this morning and gone.

Regards,
Stephen
StephenG

India India

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 04:46:05 AM »

Ghost has sadly passed on.
bellisima

Canada Canada

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 01:09:37 AM »

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print