Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

August 23, 2019, 08:10:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 55g juvenile stocking bichir / africans -> adults will be put in large home  (Read 1391 times)
seanws

United States United States

« on: December 24, 2018, 12:26:48 AM »

I am in a somewhat unique position with stocking a 55g I decided to refurbish recently bc I have a practically empty 200g (synodontis catfish, and 10 year old Nile tilapia on her last fins) that can be used for any fish that grows large in the next year or so.

After getting the 55g tank flowing again I put a juvenile Senegal bichir 4". The only inhabitants with the bichir's entry was a few danios which he picks off at night(what i wanted). Anyway, I'm interested in using the same 55g to grow a juvenile african cichlid, obviously one of the right size and diet, but I can't find much info on this stocking. My plan is to put both the grown african cichlid and the Senegal into the 200g whenever they get big and my tilapia is dead. And please don't just say put an american cichlid in. My water here is hard and perfect for african cichlids, so that has become my wheelhouse, but I'm not familiar with what might grow up nicely with my dinosaur. I was thinking tyrannochromis "big mouth hap" or another large hap that reaches 8-16 inches, but I would appreciate any input even if it is "No u cant do that".  Just something I've been dreaming about. I think an open water swimming carnivore would be really cool with a bichir especially a nice blue tyrannochromis.  kewl Thoughts? Suggestions? Tweaks?
(FYI filtration is not an issue I've been hoarding HOB and canister filters from craigslist for years just need a cool fish to put them to work).
russ
Whoa. Where did I put all my stuff?
Administrator
Obsessed Member

United States United States

I know where rasaqua's stuff is.....

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 08:17:15 AM »

How about Champsochromis caeruleus:     happy

http://www.borstein.info/webpics/Malawi/champsochromis_caeruleus/champsoaca_good.jpg

* No color image.jpg (2.99 KB, 76x70 - viewed 151 times.)

"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)
Kessujea

Australia Australia

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 11:01:58 PM »

Yes, it is a good idea. And I have the same opinio
harryreynolds

American Samoa American Samoa

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 02:35:22 AM »

I have the same opinio
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: