Badman's Tropical Fish Forum

September 18, 2019, 05:41:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or join our community.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the forum! Whether you are an old pro or new to the hobby, feel welcome to share your knowledge and experience and to further educate yourself about this great pastime of ours.

PetSmart
News: Stay tuned for another contest starting soon. 

forum   guidelines calendar Forum search help Join Login  
  Main Site site map Fish Profiles Fish Stats Articles tank log Species Gallery Photo Gallery  

Badman's Chat
Users in chat
Please upgrade your brower.
in   cm  L °F   °C   click for tank volume calculations
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: clawed vs dwarf frogs?  (Read 3743 times)
darkangelchrisandra
« on: December 16, 2007, 11:54:59 AM »

okay i've been wondering this for a while now...lol. i really can't find regular adfs were i live but i can find the clawed ones.... so... yeah

tank is a 20 gallon tall tank...

tankmates would be: 2 snails (i've kept then alive YAY!!!!) one honey gorma, and one little neon tetra (yes i know thier should be more of those... but i'm having a hard time keeping them alive sadly....and i might be moveing it over to live with my glowlight tertas....if ya'll think that would be an okay idea)

so what do ya'll think? oh and long time no see Wink
Emily
Caution: May Bite

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 12:05:04 PM »

Noooooo clawed frogs. They get six inches long and WILL eat your fish. Their appetite is astounding. Those honey gouramis would be a snack as soon as the frogs got big enough - and they grow fast. It's a definite no.

Yeah, where have you been?! KISS001
darkangelchrisandra
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 12:10:18 PM »

just over loaded with school...lol.  I've got a new boyfirend too...lol. his name is Jon we've been going out for 3 monthes now i think...lol Smiley

so no clawed frogs unless they are in thier own tank... lol kay Wink i guess i'll just order drawf frogs i guess...lol

Oh! and my hermits carbs are doing great! lol they are so sute...lol
shantiandleah
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 12:46:22 AM »

Hello darkangelchrisandra,

do make sure that the ADF is actually an ADF and not the clawed frog cos no exaggeration the fish will disappear quicker than Britney Spears' dignity.

one nice way of telling is that the clawed frog has non-webbed feet and hands while the ADF does not. do check it out, because they are SO often mislabelled in shops. Best of all would you to take a photo of the beast and send it in to us for identification

by the way... i'm getting my first ADFs next week!!!!!

all the best,
shanti   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Badman's Recommended Links
1 Post
1 Topic
Last post by Badman
in Sites We Support
on 5/2/07 12:00 PM

Navigation